Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cohesive Idea

My cohesive idea for nature photography is about getting close to the ground and photographing what I find there. Sometimes when we are surrounded by beautiful waterfalls or majestic trees, we forget to notice what's beneath our feet. I'm hoping to capture mini landscapes as well as the details of the ground level with these photographs. Some of the photos cover a wider area (such as the snow photos from Presque Isle and Trough Creek) while others are focusing more on the little details (the leaf and the water drop from Frankfort Mineral Springs). I'm also really drawn to focusing on an area somewhere in the middle of the frame, as a way to draw the viewer into the image. I hope that through these images people will take a closer look at the beauty in nature that can be found on the ground. We sometimes to forget to look at the little details beneath our feet.








1 comment:

  1. Inspiring photos. Great blog. Just happened on it when I was checking my niece’s blog. She is another Amy. I am from New Zealand and blog on amongst other things. You might be interested in this post about my travel bucket list http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/my-travel-bucket-list.html. Your photos at some of these places would be awesome Will enjoy following your blog.

    ReplyDelete