Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pittsburgh Zoo

I wasn't sure what to expect from our nature photography's class trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo. Even though I was excited to go behind the scenes, I wasn't really sure if I'd get any good photographs this trip. I've taken quite a few pictures at the zoo, so I wasn't sure if I'd get anything new or exciting. Well, I ended up getting some photographs that I really like! I tried to challenge myself to look at certain parts of the zoo differently so I could come away with unique photographs that I had not taken before.
Probably my favorite part of the trip was going behind the scenes of the zoo's sea turtle program. The Pittsburgh Zoo rescues, rehabilitates, and then releases sea turtles back into the wild. I got a lot of great shots of the turtles, but the one one below is my favorite.
This next group of photos are all from the aquarium. I didn't really expect to get anything good considering the lighting is low and there's glass to deal with, but I ended up liking a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment